Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO)
Treatment Foster Care Oregon is a specialised foster care program that supports children and young people with complex behaviours.
What is Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO)?
- A specialised foster care program based on over 30 years of evidence and research.
- An internationally proven model that improves behaviours in children and young people.
- A short term program (approximately 9 months).
- Supporting children and young people between the ages of 7-11 years (VIC and QLD) and 7-17 (NSW).
- The program includes a tax-free reimbursement of $75,000 per annum (VIC and NSW) and $65,000 per annum (QLD).
Who can become a specialised foster carer?
- Anyone over the age of 21.
- Anyone with experience looking after children with complex behaviours.
- Anyone with secure accommodation and appropriate space in the home.
- Race, gender, marital status, employment, sexuality and religion do not affect a person’s eligibility to become a carer.
What support do specialised foster carers receive?
- We provide full training and 24/7 on-going support with the aim of safely reuniting children back with their families.
- You will be supported by a team of highly qualified specialists, including a carer supporter, family supporter, school supporter, skills coach, child support worker and Treatment Foster Care Oregon team leader.
Become A Specialised
Becoming a specialised foster carer can be incredibly fulfilling, knowing you’re helping get children and young people with complex behaviours back on track, and giving them the best chance to shine.Make an enquiry now
Find out if Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO) is available in your state
This program is available in your state
Click here to view the contact details for your local offices.
Unfortunately, this program is not available in your state
More information about becoming a specialised foster carer
Meet with our experienced staff as well as current carers to learn more about the program. View all upcoming dates here.
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.