Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO)
Treatment Foster Care Oregon is a specialised foster care program that supports children and young people with complex behaviours.
Treatment Foster Care Oregon is an internationally proven model based on over 30 years of evidence and research.
What is Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO)?
- An internationally proven model to improve behaviours in children and young people.
- A short term 9-12 month program.
- It cares for children between the ages of 7-11 years old (VIC and QLD) and 7-17 (NSW) in a carer’s home.
- The program includes a tax-free reimbursement of $75,000 per annum (VIC and NSW) and $65,000 per annum (QLD).
Who can become a TFCO carer?
- Anyone over the age of 21.
- Anyone with experience looking after children with complex behaviours.
- Anyone with secure accommodation and appropriate space in the home.
- Race, gender, marital status, employment, sexuality and religion do not affect a person’s eligibility to become a carer.
What support do TFCO carers receive?
- We provide full training and 24/7 on-going support with the aim of safely reuniting children back with their families.
- You will be supported by a team of highly qualified specialists, including a carer supporter, family supporter, school supporter, skills coach, child support worker and TFCO team leader.
Find out if Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO) is available in your state
This program is available in your state
Click here to view the contact details for your local offices.
Unfortunately, this program is not available in your state
Become A Specialised
TFCO Foster Carer
Becoming a specialised foster carer can be incredibly fulfilling, knowing you’re helping get children and young people with complex behaviours back on track, and giving them the best chance to shine.Make an enquiry now
More information about becoming a specialised foster carer
Meet with our experienced staff as well as current carers to learn more about the program. View all upcoming dates here.
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.