Access to Early Learning (AEL)
Kindergarten is imperative to preparing children for success at school and in life.
AEL is an effective and targeted early intervention program funded by the Department of Education and Training that enables three-year-old children from families with complex needs to fully participate in quality, universal early education and care by addressing barriers to their participation, whether it be system barriers, family barriers or interpersonal barriers.
Who are we supporting with the AEL Program?
OzChild facilitators work with families in the City of Frankston and within the Mornington Peninsula Shire to promote important connections and build relationships between the family, the kindergarten service and its educators, and other services to ensure the child is fully supported.
How are services delivered?
AEL facilitators will work with approximately 16 families and children each year, sustaining their participation in early childhood education by:
- identifying and supporting children and families’ access to 15 hours per week of free or low-cost high-quality kindergarten
- working with families to address any barriers that may prevent their child attending or participating in kindergarten
- strengthening parents’ capacity to support their child’s ongoing engagement in early learning
- strengthening the home learning environment through in-home learning interventions
- building capacity in the local service system, including providing mentoring and professional learning for educators supporting children.
OzChild is proud to be delivering this program in partnership with the Department of Education and training, contributing to better outcomes being achieved for our littlest Victorians.
Find out if Access to Early Learning (AEL) is available in your state
This program is available in your state
Click here to view the contact details for your local offices.
Unfortunately, this program is not available in your state
OzChild acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.