Lead Tenant Mentor
Mentors in our Lead Tenant program help two young people learn how to tackle the many early adulthood challenges of school, work experience, career choices and promoting independent living skills.
Lead Tenant provides semi-independent accommodation and support for young people aged 16-18 who are unable to live with their family due to issues of abuse or neglect. The young people are supported by a volunteer adult who provides day-to-day guidance and mature role modelling, with additional support provided by case managers and youth workers.
Lead Tenant placements take place in residences within local communities where a young person or persons reside with a ‘lead tenant’ (an adult volunteer) who provides support and guidance in developing their independent living skills.
What does being a Lead Tenant live-in mentor involve?
As a Lead Tenant live-in mentor, your primary role is to mentor, support and help create a positive environment for two young people aged 16-18 in a shared house arrangement.
- You will be sharing a residence with one other mentor.
- You must live in the Western Melbourne region.
- You must be aged 21 and over and be employed or studying full-time.
What are the benefits of being a Lead Tenant live-in mentor?
- As a live-in mentor, your accommodation, rent and utility bills are taken care of.
- Be part of a team with a unique culture that promotes shared values with ongoing training and support.
- Gain experience working with young people while working alongside case managers to increase your sector knowledge.
Commonly asked questions
Your impact on a young person
“I enjoy that I can not only be a mentor to the young person, but also a friend. I enjoy that I can help out as much as I can.”
Ready to embark on your journey as a mentor or have questions?
Reach out to us by filling out the form below, and our team will be in touch.
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.