Who we are
Our vision & purpose
Every child and young person deserves the chance to shine.
It is our goal to see that all children and young people are safe, respected and nurtured, and reach their full potential.
We support vulnerable children and young people by providing healing, preventing abuse and neglect, and strengthening families.
Our commitment to Child Safety
- We are committed to protecting children and young people from all forms of abuse, bullying, exploitation and neglect.
- We are committed to creating environments in all of our foster care programs and services where children are safe and feel safe, at all times.
- We are committed to listening to children and addressing any concerns they raise with us.
- If you have any child safety concerns, you can contact OzChild here.
- For tips on how to keep children safe online, view our 2018 Cyber Safety Manual
All of our services are underpinned by a robust and contemporary governance framework, based on risk identification and resource prioritisation.
This statement represents a commitment from everyone at OzChild, from the board to staff, foster carers and volunteers, to the children and their families we support. We are committed to remaining a sustainable, honest and focused organisation, true to our values and transparent in the determination of our decisions.
Strategic Plan 2020:
Our 2020 Strategic Plan describes our purpose and the measures put in place to ensure we achieve our key goals and vision – that all children and young people in our care are safe, respected, nurtured and reach their potential.
Reconciliation Action Plan
We are committed to working alongside our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander colleagues to ensure children and young people in our care are culturally safe, as well as to improve our own cultural competence.
OzChild is the trading name of Children Australia Inc, a registered not-for-profit independent children’s welfare agency, incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981. Children Australia is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient and is assessed as a public benevolent institution by the Australian Taxation Office in accordance with the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.