Who we are
Our vision & purpose
Every child and young person deserves the chance to shine.
All children and young people are safe, respected, nurtured and reach their full potential.
OzChild supports children, young people and families who are experiencing significant challenges, by strengthening families, providing healing, and preventing abuse and neglect.
Our commitment to Child Safety
- We are committed to protecting children and young people from all forms of abuse, bullying, exploitation and neglect.
- We are committed to creating environments in all of our foster care programs and services where children are safe and feel safe, at all times.
- We are committed to listening to children and addressing any concerns they raise with us.
- If you have any child safety concerns, you can contact OzChild here.
- For tips on how to keep children safe online, view our Cyber Safety Manual
- We will safeguard children in all that we do
- We will continuously advocate to enable self-determination for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- We will act on the evidence, rigorously evaluate outcomes, and invest in what works
- We will continue to support those impacted by our care throughout our history
The OzChild way
- We deliver evidence-based services
- Our customer determines our success
- We deliver innovative solutions
- We set each other up for success
- I learn, adapt, grow and embrace my cultural competence
OzChild’s Four Key Priorities
Prevent children & young people entering out-of-home care
Reduce the number of children & young people in residential care
Prevent young people entering youth justice
Support self-determination to reduce the over representation of Aboriginal children in child protection & youth justice
Delivering What Works
OzChilds Strategic Plan to 2026
Our Strategic Plan describes our purpose and the measures put in place to ensure we achieve our key goals and vision – that all children and young people in our care are safe, respected, nurtured and reach their potential.
OzChild’s Second National Innovate
Reconciliation Action Plan
We are committed to working alongside our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander colleagues to ensure children and young people in our care are culturally safe, as well as to improve our own cultural competence.
OzChild is the trading name of Children Australia Inc, a registered not-for-profit independent children’s welfare agency, incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981. Children Australia is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient and is assessed as a public benevolent institution by the Australian Taxation Office in accordance with the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.