Give back to your local community
Volunteers are crucial to the work we do, helping support children and families and allowing us to deliver our Volunteer Family Support Program. Volunteers provide both practical and emotional support to families and offer a helping hand through difficult times.
How you can help
Volunteers of the Family Support Program are asked to commit 2-4 hours per fortnight to support children and families through a range of activities such as:
- Supporting a parent with household routines and positive parenting.
- Spending time listening to a child.
- Sharing hobbies and skills.
- Cooking, arts and crafts.
- Sharing activities such as kicking a football, visiting the park, shooting hoops or a trip to the beach.
- Helping with school work.
- Providing emotional support and company to parents and children.
- Helping families access libraries, play groups and the wider community.
- Providing transport to activities for a child or young person.
- Mentoring a young person.
Joining OzChild’s volunteering services can be an incredibly rewarding experience. By volunteering with OzChild you can provide vital support to children by helping them access new opportunities and enabling them to thrive.
We offer ongoing professional development, support and supervision to ensure that you are confident in your volunteer role. Your support can make a real difference which benefit not only the child, but also their family and the communities in which they live.
Volunteering can also provide opportunities to:
- Share your skills and life experiences.
- Be part of your wider community.
- Learn or develop a new skill.
- Boost your career options.
- Create new experiences by meeting a diverse range of people.
For more information, call our Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator on (03) 8796 0000 or email AdminFrankston@ozchild.org.au
How do I volunteer?
You do not need any special qualifications or previous experience to volunteer with OzChild. The only qualities you need to possess are compassion and the desire to improve the lives of children and families. To be eligible as a volunteer you must be:
- Over the age of 18.
- Able to commit to between 2 to 4 hours per fortnight for a minimum of one year.
- Attend an interview.
- Provide two telephone referees.
- Attend a one day Induction Training Program.
- Be willing to undertake a Working With Children Check and Police Check.
- Have own transport and car comprehensive insurance to access the Mornington Peninsula and Cardinia Shires.
Ready to volunteer? Get started by completing our online form