Lead Tenant provides semi-independent out-of-home care accommodation for young people aged 16 to 18 and promotes independent living skills in a safe and supported environment.
What is Lead Tenant?
Lead tenant services provide semi-independent accommodation and support for young people aged 16 to 18 who are unable to live with their family due to issues of abuse or neglect. The programs are based on a volunteer adult providing day-to-day guidance and mature role modelling in a shared house arrangement with a young person, with additional support provided by case managers and youth workers.
Lead tenant placements take place in houses within local communities where a young person or persons reside with a ‘lead tenant’ (an adult volunteer) who provides support and guidance in developing their independent living skills.
What does being a Lead Tenant Live-in Mentor involve?
As a Lead Tenant live-in mentor your primary role is to mentor, support and help create a positive environment for young people aged 16-18 in a shared house arrangement.
• As a live-in mentor your accommodation, rent and utility bills are taken care of
• You will receive ongoing support and full training
• You will be sharing a residence with one other mentor
• You must live in the Western Melbourne region
• You must be aged 21 and over and be employed or studying full-time
If you’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and being a positive role model get in touch today.