Give back to your local community by becoming an OzChild volunteer. We have a number of volunteer programs to suit varying levels of commitment.
As an OzChild volunteer you can make a real difference to children, young people, their families and the communities in which they live.
We offer ongoing professional development, support and supervision to ensure that you are confident and fully supported in your foster care volunteer role.
How you can help
Volunteers of the Family Support Program provide support to children, young people and families through a range of activities including:
- Supporting a parent with household routines and positive parenting
- Spending time listening to a child
- Sharing hobbies and skills such as cooking, arts and crafts, kicking a football, visiting the park, shooting hoops or a trip to the beach
- Helping with school work
- Providing emotional support and company to parents and children
- Helping families access libraries, play groups and the wider community
- Providing transport to activities for a child or young person
- Mentoring a young person.
How to become an OzChild volunteer
No special qualifications or previous experience are needed to volunteer with OzChild. The only qualities you need are compassion and the desire to improve the lives of children, young people and families. To be eligible as a volunteer you must be:
- Over the age of 18
- Able to commit to between 2 to 4 hours per fortnight for a minimum of one year
- Attend an interview
- Provide two telephone referees
- Attend a one day Induction Training Program
- Be willing to undertake a Working With Children Check and Police Check
- Have own transport and car comprehensive insurance to access the Mornington Peninsula and Cardinia Shires.
Find out if Volunteer Program is available in your state
This program is available in your state
Click here to view the contact details for your local offices.
Unfortunately, this program is not available in your state
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.