The Chance to Shine Scholarship gives financially disadvantaged young people the opportunity to reach their life goals by providing funds that develop pathways and build their future. They can gain financial assistance for any area they have a passion for or demonstrate a talent in, such as music, the arts, science, literature and sport, as well as to enhance their social opportunities.
So if you’re a young person, or you know a young person who could benefit from financial assistance, please apply for a Chance to Shine Scholarship by filling out the form below.
Guidelines for Applicants
The applicant must:
- Be a young person up to the age of 25
- Be based in Victoria or New South Wales
- Demonstrate low income by possessing a current Health Care Card or be eligible to apply for one
- Have the support of a parent or guardian
- Show a demonstrated passion or a demonstrated ability in education attainment, sporting achievement, cultural achievement and/or community participation.
- Illustrate a demonstrated level of success in the identified area.
- Ensure that their scholarship directly contributes to the development of the identified area.
- Ensure that the identified area can link to future / career goals.
These grants are one-off and are generally around $1,000 but can be for amounts up to $1,500.
The applicant must also provide copies of:
- Health Care Card
- One form of Identification
- Letters of support from the listed referees
To apply, complete the online form below or download, complete and print this form and mail to:
Chance to Shine Scholarship
PO Box 1312
South Melbourne VIC 3205
For more information on Chance to Shine, please contact Andrew Duong on (03) 9695 2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, funding is dependent on availability of funds and an evidence-based submission.