This Foster Care Week we join in the call for carers to be supported with the basics such as birth certificates and Medicare cards, to be unburdened by the financial pressure to pay for health and education expenses that aren’t covered by the care allowance.
Keeping toddlers, kids and teens entertained while you’re at home
Being stuck at home all day doesn’t have to be boring! Here are some great virtual experiences, activities and printouts to keep the kids (and maybe even yourself) entertained while in lockdown.
- Melbourne Zoo live cams
- Melbourne Museum virtual tour
- The San Diego Zoo virtual tour
- Yellowstone National Park virtual tour
- Mars exploration
- Indoor activities for busy toddlers
- Maths and reading games
- Printable worksheets for toddlers to teens
- Geography and animals
- Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot
- Daily free science and cooking experiments
- NGV for Kids online
- ABC Education free online learning resources
- Read and download a free book from Australia’s oldest public library
- Harry Potter at Home; a new online resource from JK Rowling
In Victoria, the growth in OOHC is the fastest in the nation – a grim reality for the state which has endured the harshest and longest lockdowns. With more than 45,000 children already in OOHC across Australia, an additional 4,500 children are estimated to enter OOHC because of the pandemic – put simply, we do not have enough carers.
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.