OzChild’s Treatment Foster Care Oregon program in Melbourne’s South East is not only saving vulnerable kids from a lifetime of disadvantage, but is the first in Australia to receive certification….
17 May marks the International Day against homophobia, biphobia, intersexism and transphobia – also known as IDAHOBIT.
People all over Australia will stand against discrimination in support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer friends, colleagues and families.
There are many ways to get involved, events happening in many cities and towns, even in workplaces. But the biggest difference you can make is standing with the LGBTQIA+ community every day.
Speak up – challenge homophobic, biphobic, intersexist, and transphobic language and behaviour when you feel safe to do so.
Educate yourself – on the experiences of LGBTQIA+ people by reading up and attending professional development and training.
Celebrate LGBTQIA+ diversity – be proactive and support programs and events that celebrate LGBTQIA+ diversity.
IDAHOBIT DAY EVENTS HAPPENING AROUND AUSTRALIA
• IDAHOBIT Morning Tea event – Friday 17 May 9.00 am – 11.00 am The Tea Room – Melbourne Supper Club, 161 Spring Street, Melbourne
• Frankston Rainbow Flag Raising event – Friday 17 May 9.25 am – Frankston Civic Centre (Davey Street)
• Being Frank – IDAHOBIT performance – Friday 17 May 4.45 pm – 7.00 pm – Functions by the Bay, cnr Young Street and Plowman Place, Frankston
• Warrnambool Rainbow Flag Raising event – Friday 17 May 5.45pm – Warrnambool Art Gallery (26 Liebig Street)
• Whitehorse’s 2019 Idahobit Celebration – Friday, 17 May 2019 14:00-17:00 – The Box Hill Mall, Corner of Main St & Market St Box Hill
• IDAHOBiT 2019 with Rotary Friday, 17 May 2019 19:30-23:30 – St Kilda Town Hall, 99a Carlise St, St Kilda
• Professional Pride Brisbane IDAHOBIT Day event – Wednesday 15 May 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm – Level 22, 480 Queen Street Brisbane
• IDAHOBIT Day event host by USQ Pride – Friday 17 May 10.30 am – 12.30 pm – The Quad – USQ Toowoomba
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.