Could you commit to the long-term care of a child or young person? Or have some time to give on weekends?
Our foster care program supports children and young people between the ages of 0-17 who are temporarily unable to live with their birth family due to neglect, family violence, mental health issues or drug and alcohol abuse.
In most circumstances the aim of foster care is to place children and young people with carers until the time comes when they can be safely reunited with their birth parents or placed with family. But sometimes we meet children and young people who need someone to care for them for a long period of time.
We are currently looking for individuals, or couples who are interested in providing long-term care or are able to provide short-term care on weekends or during school holidays to provide other carers with a break and expand the caring circle for children and young people.
Could you care?
- Do you have room in your home?
- Do you have room in your heart?
If you answered YES to the two questions above, we are off to a great start!
- Carers can be single, married, in a relationship, working full time or part time, or not at all.
- Carers can be same sex couples, can have children of their own, or no children at all.
All you really need is the willingness, passion and desire to make a difference.
What else can we tell you…
- We are looking for carers to join our team in Queensland.
- You could end up caring for a child aged 7-11 years old (although they could be younger or older).
- At times we might have sibling groups in need of a loving home.
Placement duration will vary depending on the child’s individual circumstances. They might need a place to stay on weekends, for a couple of weeks or months, or for a long period of time. We have met children and young people who need a safe, nurturing place to call home until they turn 18.
The most important bit
For children and young people to thrive, they really need someone to care.
Could that someone be you?
Drop your contact details below and we will be in touch
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.