For the first time in Australia, an evidence-based, internationally successful program is providing an alternative to residential care in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland and getting kids with problem behaviours back to a stable, family life.
TFCO is an internationally proven behaviour modification program that provides intensive support to the child, carer and birth family within a 9-12 month period.
With over 30 years demonstrated success in the US, UK and New Zealand and scientifically rated by international child welfare research bodies in its successful outcomes, the highly structured model offers comprehensive training and guidance before and during the program.
What is TFCO?
The TFCO Foster Care Program is an internationally proven model to improve behaviours in children with serious behavioural/emotional difficulties.
How long does the program go for?
TFCO is an intensive nine to twelve months long program.
What age are the children in the program?
The program is aimed at supporting children between the ages of 7-11 years old in VIC and QLD and the ages of 7-17 in NSW.
What type of support will I receive?
You will receive 24/7 support from a team of highly qualified specialists including a Schools Specialist, Child Therapist and a Skills Coach so you feel 100% ready to support the child.
Recommendations to become a TFCO carer:
- Demonstrate sufficient maturity or life experience
- Experience dealing with children and young
people with complex behaviours
- Have a suitable living space including a
- Have a good support network to support the
child or young person
- Flexibility to be available for the child’s or young
- Ability to champion positive change for a child or
- Up to $65,000 (VIC and QLD) and $75,000 (NSW) per annum reimbursement tax-free for a 9-12 month placement
- Evidence-based, and has been running
successfully overseas for over 30 years
- Focuses on increasing positive behaviour
- Weekly support meetings for carers, and daily
calls from carer supporter with 24/7 support
from a team of highly qualified specialists
Become a TFCO Foster Carer
Interested in becoming a TFCO carer? Get in touch by completing one of our enquiry forms below.