For the first time in Australia, an evidence-based, internationally successful program is providing an alternative to residential care in Victoria and Queensland and getting kids with problem behaviours back to a stable, family life.
TFCO is an internationally proven behaviour modification program that provides intensive support to the child, carer and birth family within a 9-12 month period and has a 70 per cent success rate in settling children back into a stable family environment.
With over 30 years demonstrated success in the US, UK and New Zealand and scientifically rated by international child welfare research bodies in its successful outcomes, the highly structured model offers comprehensive training and guidance before and during the program.
WHAT IS TFCO?
The TFCO Foster Care Program is an internationally proven model to improve behaviours in children with serious behavioural/emotional difficulties.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROGRAM GO FOR?
It is an intensive nine to twelve months long program.
WHAT AGE ARE THE CHILDREN IN THE PROGRAM?
The program is aimed at supporting children between the ages of 7-11 years old.
WHAT TYPE OF SUPPORT WILL I GET IN THIS PROGRAM?
You will receive 24/7 support from a team of highly qualified specialists including a Schools Specialist, Child Therapist and a Skills Coach so you feel 100% ready to support the child.
Requirements of a TFCO carer
- Must be over the age of 25
- Must live in the south, south east region of Melbourne, VIC or Toowoomba and surrounding region in QLD
- Carers will need experience dealing with complex behaviours for example in education, social service, or healthcare settings.
- No children under 3-years-old in the home
- A spare bedroom required
- To work minimal or no hours
- Meet the costs of caring for the child (high reimbursements provided)
- Tax free $60 000 pro rata reimbursement for a 12 month placement
- Evidence-based, and has been running successfully overseas for over 30 years
- Focuses on increasing positive behaviour using incentives
- Weekly support meetings for carers, and daily calls from carer supporter
- TFCO team is there from day one
- Clear timeline – child is with the program for 9-12 months and then goes back to family or other aftercare family
Become a TFCO Foster Carer
This is the first time this evidence-based model of foster care is being delivered in Australia to both Victoria and Queensland.
Want to learn more about the program? Contact us by completing one of the enquiry forms below.