OzChild has always been at the forefront in developing specialised responses to children and young people in care including Targeted Care Packages (TCP).
This innovative, creative and flexible program provides children and young people who live in out of home and residential care a targeted package of support to aid their transition into stable foster care placements.
The focus of all packages is to meet individual needs and ensure children and young people are safe, respected, nurtured and reach their full potential. These packages provide the child or young person with access to a range of wrap around individualised services. This may include support services, therapeutic intervention and recreation activities. These provide support to the child or young person and where needed to the carer to respond to the impact of abuse, neglect and separation from family and improve safety and wellbeing.
Foster carers will receive a tax-free allowance, ongoing training, and individual support with a case manager and assistance through the Care Team.
Requirements for foster carers in the TCP program:
- Mature and over 21 years of age
- Living in the Southern Metropolitan area of Melbourne
- Committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for children and young people
- Embracing of individual diversity
- Flexible to provide care as aligned to the individual package
- Diverse home environments – Single, couple, with or without children in the home
For more information, contact Louise Allwright on 03 8796 0000 or by e-mail on email@example.com.