World Care Day is not just a day of celebration but a beacon of hope for many children and young people who have experienced life in care. CREATE is amplifying…
Foster Care Week 2022
Foster Care Week is celebrated in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia from 11-17 September.
Foster Care Week 2022 is here! This special week is celebrated in Victoria, New South Wales, and South Australia from 11-17 September.
We are both humbled and amazed by the enormous contribution of our village of carers who open their homes, their hearts and their lives giving back to the community so selflessly.
Carers play an essential role in the lives of children and young people; they give more than just a roof over head, a warm meal, and a cosy bed. They are a safety net, someone to rely on during the time children are away from family. Their unconditional love, kindness, and care making an incredible difference to the lives of many.
It is no secret that it takes different types of carers to care for all types of kids. The amazing community of carers we have on our team make up a rich and diverse village, regardless of their cultural backgrounds, marital status, gender identities, or financial circumstances, day and night, these carers are providing a safe and nurturing home for a child or young person when they need it most.
“Family is not defined by our genes; it is built and maintained through love.”– Amalia G
This Foster Care Week, they deserve the highest praise and gratitude. To all our superheroes, we THANK YOU! You are truly extraordinary!
- Could you care for a child or young person? Find out more about becoming a general foster carer
- The right support at the right time sees Kai flourish – read about the difference Kai’s carers made to his life
- Meet OzChild foster carers, Vince and Kym
- Meet OzChild foster carer, Leonie
- Meet OzChild foster carer, Madelaine
- Most Commonly Asked Questions About Foster Care – Video Series
- Read about OzChild’s Specialised Foster Care Program, Treatment Foster Care Oregon
- Kids with complex or special needs looking for very special carers
- Register to attend a virtual information session
“My role as a foster carer is challenging, surprising, and fulfilling, but most of all, it’s totally worthwhile. My only regret is I didn’t do it sooner!”
– Kellie, OzChild foster carer
Become a foster carer
Every 45 minutes a child enters the out-of-home care system in Australia. The sad reality is the number of children and young people needing care is not slowing down and the number of people signing up to become carers is falling short. Could you care?Start your journey
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.