WHO CAN BE A FOSTER CARER?
You can become a foster carer if you are:
- Over 21 years of age
- An Australian citizen / permanent resident
- In good health
- Single / married / in a de facto relationship
- In a same-sex relationship
- Renting / buying / a home owner
- Working (full or part-time)
- Not working
- From any ethnic or cultural background and with a diverse range of life experience
- A parent already or have never had children
- Interested in helping children and young people
Do you live in the following areas?
Ozchild offers foster care through the South Metropolitan Melbourne region, the Cities of Casey, Bayside, Glen Eira, Port Phillip, Greater Dandenong, Frankston and Kingston; and the Shires of Cardinia and Mornington Peninsula.