HOW TO BECOME A FOSTER CARER WITH OZCHILD
Becoming a carer can be a big commitment, but comes with significant rewards for both carer and child. OzChild thoroughly checks all potential carers to ensure they can provide a safe, suitable home for a child and equip them with the skills and support they need to become successful foster carers.
- There are many different types of care which can be provided by carers, so before beginning the process, take the time to think about what type of care suits you and your lifestyle.
- You will then need to enquire about attending an information session. Then, a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call within 2 working days.
- After this screening process, you may be asked to attend an information session to provide more details on becoming a carer and inform you of the specifics of the carer accreditation process.
- You may also be required to attend training sessions to develop an understanding of children who have lived within troubled family relationships, and how this may affect their behaviour and capacities.
- After successful training and accreditation, OzChild will match you with a child suited to your situation and provide on-going support to secure a successful placement.
- The full process usually takes between 6-8 months from enquiry to accreditation.
STEPS TO BECOMING A FOSTER CARER
The following is a general outline of the steps involved in becoming a Foster Carer: