Leading Community Service Organisation OzChild launches new program to keep children and young people in Victoria from entering out-of-home care OzChild is working with at-risk families in Western Melbourne, Brimbank…
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information hub
Important information about how we are supporting our carers, children, young people and their family members as well as OzChild staff during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Important information about how we are responding to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Considering the important preventative measures now being enforced in our communities to limit the spread of the Coronavirus, OzChild has made the difficult decision to close all OzChild office sites until further notice.
We continue to remain focussed on delivering our services remotely to support children, young people and families during this challenging time.
How we are supporting our carers, children, young people, clients and staff
We are focused on ensuring the sustainability of our workforce and delivery of services to support our clients. We are working hard to maintain our services while keeping everyone safe during these uncertain times.
OzChild has reviewed its practices to ensure the safety of all carers, children, young people, clients and staff, and to reduce risks, OzChild staff are following strict protocols around our practices and the way in which we work. Individual situations are being assessed daily and staff are taking all necessary precautions to keep themselves, children, young people and families safe.
We understand the unfolding and serious nature of this virus is causing significant concern in the community and want all members of the OzChild family to know we are doing everything we can to ensure our carers, children, young people and their family members are well supported during this time.
Foster and kinship carers
OzChild is working with Government and the sector to look at how we support foster and kinship carers in this exceptionally hard time. This includes how carers are financially supported.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact your case worker to discuss your own personal situation as soon as possible. OzChild are committed to working with individual carers to ensure that they can continue to care.
If you need additional support, there are several hotlines available to help you through these difficult times.
Useful links and resources
Ensure you stay up to date with the latest information, news, and resources.
- A-Z activities at home with the family
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Coronavirus Australia app for Apple
- Coronavirus Australia app for Android
- Coronavirus WhatsApp group
- COVIBOOK – a child-friendly explanation of Coronavirus
- Gus talks COVID-19: animations to help explain COVID-19 to kids
- Head to Health: mental health resources
- Information on social distancing
- #InThisTogether campaign: tips for mental health and wellbeing from the National Mental Health Commission
- Isolation guidance
- Many Ways to Share A Hug – animated story for kids
- Recognising the impact on your mental health
- Self-assessment for risk of Coronavirus
- Talking to children about COVID-19 story
- Ten ways to reduce your risk of Coronavirus
- What Coronavirus means for families and children
Stay up to date with the latest OzChild newsView all
The enjoyment the simple things bring to kids, such as building a tower out of blocks, playing mums and dads with dolls, or just kids playing with their friends. Every kid should have the right to do these things.
Sign up to the OzChild mailing list
Stay up to date with the latest news and events.
Choose your region
Select your region to create an enhanced and personal experience.