Give the gift of joy to some of Australia’s most vulnerable children by buying a present for the OzChild Christmas Wishing Tree.
Christmas is usually a time of excitement and joy for children.
But every year hundreds of local children face a Christmas about as far from what you’d want for your own child as you can possibly imagine. They’ve been removed from their parents to protect them from family violence, abuse or neglect. They’ve had their world turned upside down – but you can help change this and give them the joy every child deserves this Christmas.
That’s why every year OzChild collaborates with local schools, businesses, clubs and individuals to collect Christmas gifts for:
- Children in our foster and kinship care programs
- Children from our low-income or struggling families supported by our programs
- Children living with a disability supported by OzChild
Buying a gift to brighten a child’s Christmas morning is one way to give them a break, to help them feel valued, loved and safe.
Leading up to Christmas, we’ll be collecting gifts for all the children and young people OzChild supports.
How it works
- Contact us to let us know your organisation would like to take part by contacting Glynis Smalley or email@example.com
- We will deliver OzChild Wishing Tree gift tags (and an OzChild Xmas Wishing tree if required!) along with posters and instructions. Each tag includes the name, age and interests of a vulnerable child
- Your staff / team or students can then:
- choose a tag from the OzChild Wishing Tree.
- Purchase a gift for the child described on your tag.
- Leave the gift unwrapped, name tag attached, under the tree (or with your organisation’s nominated contact).
- On December 7, we’ll come back to collect the tree and gifts and distribute them to children in our care.
Not only will this provide Christmas presents and much needed funds for the disadvantaged children within OzChild’s programs but doing this will also take some of the burden off the carers who generously open up their hearts and homes to help children in need.
To get involved in this year’s Wishing Tree Christmas Gift Appeal, please contact Glynis Smalley or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or buy a gift online with the Simply Giving online platform:
Want to give beyond your gift?
Make an online donation to OzChild’s vulnerable and at-risk children