Chance to Shine gives financially disadvantaged young people the opportunity to reach their life goals by providing funds that develop pathways and build their future. They can gain financial assistance for any area they demonstrate a talent in, for example music, arts, science, literature, sport and also to enhance their social opportunities.
So if you’re a young person, or you know a young person who could benefit from financial assistance, please apply for a Chance to Shine by filling out our form below.
Funding is dependent on availability of funds and an evidence-based submission.
Our Chance to Shine program wouldn’t be possible without donations. Donate now.
Guidelines for Applicants
The applicant must:
- Be a young person up to the age of 25
- Be based in Victoria
- Demonstrate low income by possessing a current Health Care Card or be eligible to apply for one
- Have the support of a parent or guardian
- Show a demonstrated passion or a demonstrated ability in education attainment, sporting achievement, cultural achievement and/or community participation.
- Illustrate a demonstrated level of success in the identified area.
- Ensure that their scholarship directly contributes to the development of the identified area.
- Ensure that the identified area can link to future / career goals.
These grants are one-off and are generally around $1,000 but can be for amounts up to $1,500.
The applicant must also provide copies of:
- Health Care Card
- One form of Identification
- Letters of support from the listed referees
- Documentation confirming the amount sought (tax invoices, fee schedules etc.)
This form has a function that allows you to upload electronic copies of these. You can simply take a photo of your documents with your phone. Please see the “accepted file types” description under the uploader to see what kind of files you can upload.
Complete the online form below. Or download, complete and print this form and mail to:
Chance to Shine
PO Box 1312
South Melbourne VIC 3205
For more information on Chance to Shine, please contact the Education Services Team on (03) 9695 2200 or email@example.com