RECREATION AND SOCIAL PROGRAMS FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
OzChild runs a variety of recreation and social programs designed to enrich the lives of children and young people with disabilities.
Our range of recreational activities are for children and young people aged 6-25 years. Activities are designed for clients to make friendships and have fun.
We are currently running a number of recreation activities, including:
- Activities every Saturday throughout school terms for 6-18 year olds. We pick up clients from three locations for these activities, including Mornington, Frankston and Dandenong.
- School holiday activities every day throughout school holiday periods for 6-18 years olds. We pick up clients from four locations for our school holiday activities, including Mornington, Frankston, Dandenong and Cranbourne.
- Social Groups that meet on a fortnightly basis in the Cranbourne area. These social groups include:
- Saturday Social Group (18-25 years).
- Saturday Kids Group (6-12 years).
- Friday Night Group (18-25 years).
- Peninsula Movie Group (18-25 years).
- Social Groups that meet on a monthly basis in the Mornington Peninsula area. These social groups include:
- Asperger’s Social Group (18-25 years & a diagnosis of Asperger’s Syndrome or Autism).
- Young Adults Social Group (18-25 years).
- Special Interest Groups such as Karate Classes. We run 2 karate classes every week on a Tuesday and Thursday evening. The Tuesday evening group is for clients aged 6-12 years, and the Thursday evening group is for clients aged 13-18 years.
Activities on our school holiday program, and social groups are largely chosen by our client group & are inclusive and age appropriate. For example, some popular activities include, Cinema, Swimming and Ten Pin Bowling for our younger groups and activities such as Go-Karting and Trips to the City for the young adults.
FLEXIBLE RESPITE PROGRAM
OzChild’s Flexible Respite programs offer clients a range of funded and fee based programs including:
- Saturday Recreation Activities.
- School Holiday Programs.
- Camps for 6-25 year olds with a disability.
- Koori Camps.
- Community Access & 1:1 support within the home for people with a disability.
- Social Groups for children and young adults with a disability, these include Karate, Barefoot bowls and much more.
Please send all enquiries and referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org.